Summary & Main Functions of the Job:
Stable boutique care agency in Luton urgently require an experienced in-house bookkeeper to work on a part time basis (2-3 days a week). Candidate will be expected to automate and manage the company’s sales and purchase ledger, produce weekly credit and debtors’ reconciliations, plus a monthly trial balance and additional set of management reports.
Role would suit a specialist small business bookkeeper with a good track record or a retired accountant who’s looking to stay partially active.
Role can be flexible on agreed days to suit or around school hours i.e. 9am to 3pm or 9.30am to 2.30pm.
- Help company move from paper-based records to digital payment and expense logs
- Managing company sales and purchase ledger
- Produce weekly credit and debtor reports
- Draft monthly trial balance and management accounts for the Director
- Assist accountant to prepare annual accounts and statutory HMRC returns
Skills & Experience:
- AAT (or equivalent) qualified with 3 year track record working with small business
- Knowledge of accounting software such as Sage, XERO or QuickBooks
- Good communicator who’s comfortable working in a small team
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Proven experience on working with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- 3 years’ experience in a small business environment or a firm of credible accountants
- Fixed but flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Holiday pay
- Self-employed considered
Along with a CV, candidates are welcome to submit a short covering letter which describes how their skills and experience are suited to the position.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Care Plus and clients constantly to provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, social background, religion, disability or sexuality.