Our community care workers are responsible for managing a caseload of service users who require support in their own home or care institution.
A community care worker provides personal, social and domestic support to service users who wish to live an independent life in their own homes or community. Support may include transportation, cleaning, personal hygiene, providing meals, and other health and wellness activities. A care worker must ensure all support is provided in a professional and person centred way, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- General housekeeping, personal hygiene and meals
- Transport service users to appointments and activities
- Assist with obtaining and administering medication
- Organise social events and leisure time for service users
- Manage any unanticipated events or emergency situations
- Identify a clients evolving support needs and report back to management
- Deliver care according to statutory standards and company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard and protect service users at all times
- Access to vehicle and transport