As care co-ordinator you are responsible for managing the weekly and day-to-day roster of the care team. Using an in-house software system you’ll be allocating/matching care plans and visits with available staff.
As care coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the quality of the companies service delivery. The role involves managing rotas, liaising with services users, family members and the council’s brokerage team to match staff to allocating hours. Although full training will be provided but experience of bespoke IT systems such as care solve or staff plan would be an advantage. The employer is looking for a team player who can demonstrate hunger, drive and a strong eye for detail. The role also includes performing many of the associated admin duties like managing care/client files, producing system generated invoices and compliance documents.
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong communicator who’s fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Friendly telephone manner
- Good negotiation skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines & take direction
- Be able to think fast on their feet and make quick decisions
- Sound conflict resolution skills
- Compassionate and caring
- Motivational with a positive outlook on life.
- Access to vehicle and transport
- NVQ/Diploma Level 3 (or above) in Health and Social Care
- Min 1 year experience of domiciliary or care company environment coordinating is essential – those with
- Good telephone manner and ability to handle telephone enquiries for service users, the local authority and carers.